Virginia Class a builder lic# 2705158280
COMMITTED TO SERVING HAMPTON ROADS NORFOLK - VIRGINIA BEACH - CHESAPEAKE - SUFFOLK - PORTSMOUTH - HAMPTON - NEWPORT NEWS
USE THIS MENU TO LOCATE MORE TIPS FOR EVERYDAY MATH
Quantity of Tile Pieces
- Multiply the length times the width of the tile piece (in inches) to determine the area in square inches.
- Divide 144 (Square inches in a square foot) by the area of the tile piece to be installed. The result is how many pieces you will need per square foot.
- Multiply the length by the width of the room to determine the area in square feet that you will be installing tile.
- Multiply this area by the multiplier you determined in step 2.
Example: How many 8" x 8" tile pieces will be needed for a room that is 8' x 10' ?
- 8" x 8" = 64"
- 144" ÷ 64" = 2.25
- 8' x 10' = 80
- 80 x 2.25 = 180 pieces of tile
CALCULATING FLOOR & WALL TILE